- Meanwhile, for syrup, combine the orange juice, marmalade, sugar,
- butter and orange peel in a saucepan. Cook and stir until mixture
- comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool
- to room temperature. Place 1/2 cup syrup and 1/2 cup coconut on the
- bottom of a greased 10-in. tube pan.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 32
- pieces. Roll each into a 1-in. ball. Dip each into remaining orange
- syrup. Place 16 balls in prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the
- raisins and 1/4 cup coconut. Top with remaining balls, raisins and
- coconut. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5
- minutes before inverting bread onto a serving plate. Yield: 1 loaf
- (16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 294 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.