Orange Broccoli Recipe
My husband, Tommy, can be a picky eater, but he always enjoys this versatile side dish. Nearly effortless to fix, it's sure to please even finicky family members who aren't fond of the robust green veggie.—Tricia Moore, Somersworth, New Hampshire
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli florets
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add broccoli. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, combine the butter, orange juice, orange peel and salt; heat until butter is melted. Return the broccoli to the saucepan; toss to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 166 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC