Orange Broccoli Florets
This easy side dish is a regular menu item at Paula Kenny's home in New Hudson, Michigan. "The citrus flavor makes the broccoli seem special," she notes.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Place broccoli and 1 in. of water in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until
- smooth. Gradually stir in orange juice. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in orange peel. Drain
- broccoli; add orange juice mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup (prepared with reduce-fat butter) equals 53 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.