Orange Breakfast Rolls Recipe
- 6 frozen bread dough rolls, thawed
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- ORANGE GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece of dough into an 8-in. rope. Flatten to 1-1/2-in. wide strip. Combine the butter, sugar, orange juice and peel; spread over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Pinch ends to seal. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and let stand in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 6 rolls.
1 serving (1 each) equals 177 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.