Orange Breakfast Rolls Recipe
A friend served these rolls at a gathering, and I just loved them. She shared the recipe and I've been making them for family and friends ever since.
- 6 frozen bread dough rolls, thawed
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- ORANGE GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange peel
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece of dough into an 8-in. rope. Flatten to 1-1/2-in. wide strip. Combine the butter, sugar, orange juice and peel; spread over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Pinch ends to seal. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and let stand in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 6 rolls.
Originally published as Orange Breakfast Rolls in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p264
Reviews for Orange Breakfast Rolls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review