Orange Breakfast Ring
"This beautiful breakfast ring is perfect for a special occasion," writes Wendy Fitzgerald from her home in Eau Claire, Michigan. Whether formed into a festive wreath or shaped into two rectangles, it's so yummy that no one will ever suspect the sweet treat starts with convenient crescent rolls.
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and orange peel until
- blended; set aside.
- Unroll both tubes of dough; press perforations and seams together to
- form two rectangles. Overlap rectangles at one end and press the
- seam to seal. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough to within 1/2
- in. of edges. Sprinkle with the chopped almonds.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to
- seal. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; pinch ends
- together to form a ring. With scissors, cut from outside edge
- two-thirds of the way toward center of ring at 1-in. intervals.
- Separate strips slightly; twist to allow filling to show. Bake at
- 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10
- minutes before carefully removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice; drizzle over warm