Orange Breakfast Ring Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Sliced almonds
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and orange peel until blended; set aside.
- 2. Unroll both tubes of dough; press perforations and seams together to form two rectangles. Overlap rectangles at one end and press the seam to seal. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with the chopped almonds.
- 3. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; pinch ends together to form a ring. With scissors, cut from outside edge two-thirds of the way toward center of ring at 1-in. intervals. Separate strips slightly; twist to allow filling to show. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before carefully removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 4. Combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Garnish with sliced almonds. Yield: 1 coffee cake, 16 servings.
1 slice: 216 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Orange Breakfast Ring
"A yummy recipe that is easy too! Everyone will think you cooked for hours! Very delicious."
"I've used this recipe for a bridal shower and also for family gatherings. It is always a hit! You can make it first thing in the morning and it holds well for several hours before serving. I add the orange glaze right before I serve it to guests. I've also cut the recipe in half and made a smaller ring for two people. Delicious!"