Orange Breakfast Crunch Topping Recipe
I always find oatmeal to be a little plain for my tastes, but this unique topping really adds some character. I've been interested in cooking as long as I can remember...I even made my own wedding cake some 67 years ago!
- 1-1/2 cups toasted wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1. In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, combine the wheat germ, orange peel and cinnamon; set aside. In a small saucepan, heat brown sugar and butter until butter is melted. Pour over wheat germ mixture; stir to coat.
- 2. Bake at 275° for 20-30 minutes or until browned, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store, covered, in refrigerator. Serve with oatmeal, fruit or waffles. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 139 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Orange Breakfast Crunch Topping
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC