Orange Blueberry Sauce Recipe
For an easy recipe for ice cream topping, try this recipe. The orange and blueberries flavors meld well together to make a delicious combination.—Naomi Fitzer, Pearl, Mississippi
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ice cream of your choice
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, orange juice and orange peel; stir until smooth. Add 3 cups blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into berry mixture. Add the cinnamon and remaining blueberries.
- 2. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve warm or chilled over ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 3 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 41 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC