Orange Blueberry Muffins Recipe
I got this recipe years ago, and it is still a family favorite. Blueberries are grown right here in the Midwest, and they have a delicious flavor. As an added bonus, not only are these muffins tasty, they're nutritious, too!
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Combine the oatmeal and orange juice; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and soda. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add oatmeal mixture, oil and eggs. Stir just until ingredients are moistened. Carefully fold in berries and orange peel.
- 3. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine walnuts, sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over top. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 228 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Orange Blueberry Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC