Orange Blueberry Muffins Recipe
I got this recipe years ago, and it is still a family favorite. Blueberries are grown right here in the Midwest, and they have a delicious flavor. As an added bonus, not only are these muffins tasty, they're nutritious, too!
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Combine the oatmeal and orange juice; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and soda. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add oatmeal mixture, oil and eggs. Stir just until ingredients are moistened. Carefully fold in berries and orange peel.
- 3. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine walnuts, sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over top. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 228 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Orange Blueberry Muffins
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2017
"expected more flavor,"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC