Orange Blueberry Freezer Jam Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 medium orange
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries, crushed
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- Rinse four clean 1-cup plastic containers with lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 250°. Place sugar in a shallow baking dish; bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, finely grate 1 tablespoon peel from orange. Peel and chop orange.
- In a large bowl, combine blueberries, warm sugar, grated peel and chopped orange; let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pectin; stir constantly for 3 minutes to evenly distribute pectin.
- Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- Jam is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 12 months. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Orange Blueberry Freezer Jam(3)
Sort By :
Just made this jam yesterday. I only had powder pectin, so I used a box of that. I am a bit disappointed to see that my jam is not setting up after the 24hours on the counter. Not sure why, followed the recipe to a tee. Put it in the fridge now so we will see if the jam gets thicker. Tastes super good! So no matter what I will definitely make this again, even if I only use it over vanilla ice cream!
Absolutely wonderful flavor! However, I only had powdered pectin and a very small orange. I added orange juice and a T. of lemon juice. It was still rubbery when set. I would follow the recipe and use liquid pectin but add lemon juice next time. Its worth making again for the flavor!
Delicious flavor! However, I ended up having to cook mine and pour into jars as I would regular jam to achieve the desired results. The orange enhances the blueberry flavor and is delicious on breads!