Orange Blueberry Freezer Jam Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 medium orange
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries, crushed
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- Rinse four clean 1-cup plastic containers with lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 250°. Place sugar in a shallow baking dish; bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, finely grate 1 tablespoon peel from orange. Peel and chop orange.
- In a large bowl, combine blueberries, warm sugar, grated peel and chopped orange; let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pectin; stir constantly for 3 minutes to evenly distribute pectin.
- Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- Jam is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 12 months. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Orange Blueberry Freezer Jam
Sort By :
This is delicious! it was easy to make and the taste is unusual and fresh. Made it last year and used it all winter. Just used the last container and it was as good as the first one. I can't wait until blueberries are plentiful again. I'll make more this year.
Just made this jam yesterday. I only had powder pectin, so I used a box of that. I am a bit disappointed to see that my jam is not setting up after the 24hours on the counter. Not sure why, followed the recipe to a tee. Put it in the fridge now so we will see if the jam gets thicker. Tastes super good! So no matter what I will definitely make this again, even if I only use it over vanilla ice cream!
Absolutely wonderful flavor! However, I only had powdered pectin and a very small orange. I added orange juice and a T. of lemon juice. It was still rubbery when set. I would follow the recipe and use liquid pectin but add lemon juice next time. Its worth making again for the flavor!
Delicious flavor! However, I ended up having to cook mine and pour into jars as I would regular jam to achieve the desired results. The orange enhances the blueberry flavor and is delicious on breads!