This quick jam lets me savor the great taste of fresh-picked blueberries no matter the season, but I have to fight my kids for them since they start eating them the minute I bring them in the house. —Mark Morgan, Waterford, Wisconsin
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 medium orange
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries, crushed
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- Rinse four clean 1-cup plastic containers with lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 250°. Place sugar in a shallow baking dish; bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, finely grate 1 tablespoon peel from orange. Peel and chop orange.
- In a large bowl, combine blueberries, warm sugar, grated peel and chopped orange; let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pectin; stir constantly for 3 minutes to evenly distribute pectin.
- Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- Jam is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 12 months. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Orange Blueberry Freezer Jam in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p229
Reviews for Orange Blueberry Freezer Jam
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review