Orange Blossom Muffins Recipe
"My husband and I tasted a muffin similar to these at a bed-and-breakfast when we celebrated our first anniversary," says Rhonda Lyons, Marshall, Texas. "When I told a friend about them, she shared the recipe for these moist and tender muffins. They are fun to serve full-size or as mini muffins at ladies' luncheons or wedding or baby showers."
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside for topping. Place the biscuit mix in a bowl. Combine the egg, orange juice, marmalade, oil and remaining sugar; stir into biscuit mix just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Blossom Muffins in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p60
Reviews for Orange Blossom Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2009
"If you were to make these as mini-muffins, would you change the cooking time and/or temperature?"