Orange Bliss Cheesecake
A subtle orange-flavored filling contrasts nicely with a chocolate-crumb crust. Family and friends always comment on the wonderful flavor and color.Audrey Thibodeau, Gilbert, Arizona
8-10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- Mini chocolate chips and sliced orange wedges, optional
- Combine crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of an ungreased
- 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool.
- In a saucepan, combine orange juice and gelatin; let stand for 5
- minutes. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and
- fluffy; gradually add gelatin mixture. Beat on low until well mixed.
- Chill until partially set, about 3 minutes (watch carefully-mixture
- will set up quickly).
- Gently fold in whipped cream and orange peel. Spoon into the crust.
- Chill for 6 hours or overnight. Just before serving, run a knife
- around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with
- chocolate chips and oranges if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.