Orange Biscuits Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- Melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan, combine orange juice, 1/2 cup sugar, butter and orange peel. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Divide among 12 muffin cups; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. With a fork, stir in milk until mixture forms a ball. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 1 minute. Roll into a 9-in. square, about 1/2-in. thick. Brush with melted butter.
- Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over butter. Roll up. Cut into 12 slices, about 3/4 in. thick. Place slices, cut side down, over orange mixture in muffin cups. Bake at 450° for 12-16 minutes. Cool for 2-3 minutes; remove from pan. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Biscuits in Taste of Home December/January 1994, p27
Reviews for Orange Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2013
These sound delish and I want to try them, but I have a question about step 3. "Sprinkle cinnamon over butter. Roll up." Seems there is only MELTED butter left at the end of ingredient list, so what are we to roll up? Please clarify. Thanks.