Orange-Berry Yogurt Muffins Recipe
These are my husband's favorite muffins so I love to keep them on hand. They freeze and reheat beautifully. Just warm them in the oven for 30 seconds and you're ready to go! —Amber Cummings, Indianapolis, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:15 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or frozen unsweetened blueberries, unthawed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk yogurt, orange juice, applesauce, egg whites, egg and orange peel until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake 24-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 15 regular muffins.
1 muffin equals 126 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC