These are my husband's favorite muffins so I love to keep them on hand. They freeze and reheat beautifully. Just warm them in the oven for 30 seconds and you're ready to go! —Amber Cummings, Indianapolis, Indiana
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or frozen unsweetened blueberries, unthawed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk yogurt, orange juice, applesauce, egg whites, egg and orange peel until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake 24-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 15 regular muffins.
Originally published as Orange-Berry Yogurt Muffins in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014
Reviews for Orange-Berry Yogurt Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2015
"I tried these muffins today. They sounded delicious but turned out heavy as lead. Will not make again"