Orange-Berry Jam Recipe
"This jam turns a beautiful color and tastes really good!" Expect a refreshing, sweet flavor from the added orange segments and grated orange peel. Earlene Ertelt, Woodburn, OR
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Process: 5 min. YIELD:48 servings
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 6-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped orange segments
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 1. Place raspberries and blueberries in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a Dutch oven. Stir in the sugar, orange segments, lemon juice and orange peel. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 2. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 6 half-pints.
2 tablespoons equals 113 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC