"This jam turns a beautiful color and tastes really good!" Expect a refreshing, sweet flavor from the added orange segments and grated orange peel.
Earlene Ertelt, Woodburn, OR
48 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Process: 5 min.
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 6-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped orange segments
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- Place raspberries and blueberries in a food processor; cover and
- process until blended. Transfer to a Dutch oven. Stir in the sugar,
- orange segments, lemon juice and orange peel. Bring to a full
- rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin.
- Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into hot
- sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air
- bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a
- boiling-water canner. Yield: 6 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 113 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.