Orange Beef Teriyaki Recipe
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Hot cooked rice
- Green onion and orange peel curls, optional
- 1. Drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons reserved juice until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil. Add the soy sauce, honey, ginger and remaining juice. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until meat is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the oranges. Serve with rice. Garnish with green onions and curls if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (calculated without rice) equals 257 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,277 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Beef Teriyaki
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.