Orange Beef Teriyaki Recipe
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Hot cooked rice
- Green onion and orange peel curls, optional
- 1. Drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons reserved juice until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil. Add the soy sauce, honey, ginger and remaining juice. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until meat is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the oranges. Serve with rice. Garnish with green onions and curls if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 257 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1277mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Orange Beef Teriyaki
"I too thought that the soy sauce was a little over powering so a change the sauce a bit. I used low sodium soy sauce, then added a 1/2 cup brown sugar and a 1/2 cup orange juice with a little more corn starch to thicken it up. It turned out delicious my husband raved over it and my finicky daughter asked for seconds which she never does."
"I double checked the recipe to see if I had made made a mistake but I made it to the letter. We could not eat this dish. It was way to salty. The Soy sauce over powered everything."