Orange Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 green onions with tops, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- Sliced almonds, optional
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Toss meat with soy sauce, ginger and orange peel; set aside for 10 minutes.
- 2. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet on high. Stir-fry mixture just until meat is no longer pink; remove. Add broccoli, pepper, picante sauce and sugar to skillet. Cover; reduce heat to simmer. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth; add to skillet along with meat and onions. Cook and stir 1 minute or until sauce is thickened. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Serve with rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Orange Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
"I followed this recipe exactly and I was sorely disappointed. The veggies and meat were great but the sauce was extremely bland!! My husband and son agreed and the rest of it that we didn't eat went directly into the garbage can. Boo."
"This is one of the best stir-fry recipes ever. The flavor is wonderful; it is even good re-heated."
"It made a hit with friends. I used mild saulsa instead of piccante sauce and added mushrooms. I also used light soy sauce."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.