Orange Beef and Beans Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups cut fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine sugar and orange peel; add beef. Seal bag; toss to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry beef in oil for 5 minutes or until browned.
- 2. In a microwave-safe dish, cover and cook beans in water for 3-5 minutes on high; drain. Add beans to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until tender.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger and pepper. stir in the soy sauce and orange juice until smooth. Pour the sauce over beef and beans; toss to coat. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 210 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 648mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Orange Beef and Beans
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.