Orange Beef and Beans Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups cut fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine sugar and orange peel; add beef. Seal bag; toss to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry beef in oil for 5 minutes or until browned.
- In a microwave-safe dish, cover and cook beans in water for 3-5 minutes on high; drain. Add beans to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger and pepper. stir in the soy sauce and orange juice until smooth. Pour the sauce over beef and beans; toss to coat. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now