Orange Beef and Beans Recipe
"Green beans are one of my all-time favorite vegetablesI can cook them more ways than ground beef, and this dish showcases them beautifully," writes Sundra Hauck from Bogalusa, Louisiana. Orange juice adds zesty flavor to the sirloin steak and garden-fresh beans.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups cut fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine sugar and orange peel; add beef. Seal bag; toss to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry beef in oil for 5 minutes or until browned.
- In a microwave-safe dish, cover and cook beans in water for 3-5 minutes on high; drain. Add beans to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger and pepper. stir in the soy sauce and orange juice until smooth. Pour the sauce over beef and beans; toss to coat. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Beef and Beans in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p8
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Orange Beef and Beans(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >