Orange Beef and Asparagus Stir-fry Recipe
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 pound leftover grilled steaks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch, orange juice, onions, soy sauce, honey, ginger and garlic until blended; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the asparagus, pepper and carrots in oil for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup (calculated without rice) equals 428 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 597 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Beef and Asparagus Stir-fry
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.