Take your go-to Asian restaurant off speed dial; this is hands down better than takeout! Leftover grilled steak, fresh veggies and a sweet orange glaze—see what we mean? —Cindy Johnson, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Featured In: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 pound leftover grilled steaks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch, orange juice, onions, soy sauce, honey, ginger and garlic until blended; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the asparagus, pepper and carrots in oil for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Beef and Asparagus Stir-Fry in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p17
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Orange Beef and Asparagus Stir-fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2013
"I've made this twice and we loved it. Both times I substituted fresh green beans for the asparagus. It turned out great. The sauce is so flavorful."