Orange BBQ Baby Back Ribs
I avoid long and complicated recipes during the summer months (I'd rather be out by the pool with my family!), so I came up with this easy citrus twist on barbecue. The orange adds a subtle, deliciously fresh flavor. I also use the sauce when I make chicken fondue.
4 ServingsPrep: 2-1/4 hours Grill: 15 min.
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) honey barbecue sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- Place ribs bone side down on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover
- and bake at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until tender; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, orange juice and peel;
- set aside 1 cup for serving. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil;
- using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Place ribs over direct heat; baste with some of the sauce. Grill,
- covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until browned,
- turning and basting occasionally. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 1,011 calories, 61 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 245 mg cholesterol, 1,415 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 51 g protein.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.