Orange Bavarian Recipe
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 2-1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 quart orange sherbet, softened
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained and halved
- Red and green grapes, optional
- 1. Dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in sour cream until smooth. Mix in sherbet until melted. Chill until partially set. Fold in oranges. Pour into a 7-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Just before serving, unmold onto a platter; fill the center with grapes if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 piece: 126 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (20g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Orange Bavarian
"This was super easy to make and my family couldn't get enough! Did not last long..."
"This is so good! Can serve it as a light refreshing dessert also. Love it!"
"I made this today for a church potluck. My 6 year old grandson helped me pick out the recipe on the website, and with the shopping and stirring. We put it in a 9x13 pan, and put grape halves on the top. It was a hit! He has renamed it "Grandma's Special Orange Jello" and already requested it for the next family dinner. I used sugar free jello to cut down on the sugar a little bit. Thanks for a great recipe!"