Field editor Adeline Piscitelli of Sayreville, New Jersey notes, "This refreshing treat's perfect after a hearty meal."
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 2-1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 quart orange sherbet, softened
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained and halved
- Red and green grapes, optional
- Dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in sour cream until smooth. Mix in sherbet until melted. Chill until partially set. Fold in oranges. Pour into a 7-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Just before serving, unmold onto a platter; fill the center with grapes if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Orange Bavarian in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p67
Reviews for Orange Bavarian
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review