- 3 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 2-1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 quart orange sherbet, softened
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained and halved
- Red and green grapes, optional
- Dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in sour cream until smooth. Mix in sherbet until melted. Chill until partially set. Fold in oranges. Pour into a 7-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Just before serving, unmold onto a platter; fill the center with grapes if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Orange Bavarian
Sort By :
This was super easy to make and my family couldn't get enough! Did not last long...
This is so good! Can serve it as a light refreshing dessert also. Love it!
I made this today for a church potluck. My 6 year old grandson helped me pick out the recipe on the website, and with the shopping and stirring. We put it in a 9x13 pan, and put grape halves on the top. It was a hit! He has renamed it "Grandma's Special Orange Jello" and already requested it for the next family dinner. I used sugar free jello to cut down on the sugar a little bit. Thanks for a great recipe!