Orange Basil Chops
For the entree, Bernadette Bennett contributes her mouthwatering Orange Basil Chops. The no-fuss pork chops and simple sauce come together easily on the stovetop in one skillet, so cleanup is a breeze. With its hints or orange, garlic and basil, it's tasty main dish that impresses company yet is ready in no time.Bernadette Bennett, Waco, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet,
- brown pork chops in butter. Add orange juice mixture. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove pork to a serving platter and keep warm. Combine cornstarch
- and cold water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork
- chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.