Orange Barbecue Sauce
When Jerry and I got married, I worked with a friend to choose food that our farmer friends with big appetites would like. The highlight was a pig roast topped with this tangy barbecue sauce.
32 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 4 cups ketchup
- 1 cup prepared mustard
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons liquid smoke, optional
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. May be refrigerated for up
- to 1 week. Use as a basting or dipping sauce for pork, poultry or
- beef. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 55 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.