Orange Banana Salad
I CAME up with this salad when an unexpected guest showed up for lunch and I had to "make do" with what was on hand. I thought it would complement my homemade ginger chicken soup, and it did!
It's a wonderful make-ahead salad and very attractive.
-Mary Paulson, Hopkins, Minnesota
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 cups torn salad greens
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons flaked coconut, toasted
- Place orange slices in a bowl. Combine honey and cloves; pour over
- oranges. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Discard cloves.
- Arrange greens on salad plates. Top with orange and banana slices.
- Drizzle with honey mixture. Sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 133 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.