Orange Banana Nut Bread
I like this recipe because the orange juice gives the nut bread such a unique flavor and also makes it moist.
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, oil and eggs; mix well. Stir in bananas
- and orange juice. Combine the dry ingredients; add to banana
- mixture, beating just until moistened. Stir in walnuts. Pour into
- two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to
- a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 131 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.