- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, oil and eggs; mix well. Stir in bananas and orange juice. Combine the dry ingredients; add to banana mixture, beating just until moistened. Stir in walnuts. Pour into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Orange Banana Nut Bread
Sort By :
"This is one of the best banana breads I have ever made. Super moist and very flavorful. Only had 1 cup of white sugar so added quarter cup light brown, recipe was very forgiving. Made 4 small loaves ,baked for 25 minutes, turned out great!Thank you,I will definitely make again."
"This is the best Banana Bread Recipe thus far....."
"An absolute 10 ! Have yet to find anyone who didn't like this - even used the nutritional facts for those on weight watchers to be able to figure their points. (Which is 4 points per slice.)"
"Delicious. Good texture. Easy to prepare."
"Delicious and very easy to make. I only cooked for 50 minutes, and it could have been taken out a few minutes earlier."