- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground savory
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Place chicken pieces in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine orange juice, lemon juice, bouillon, savory, sage and salt if desired; pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until juices run clear, basting occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p55
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Orange Baked Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2013
"I omitted the salt (strict low sodium diet)and the recipe was delicious. I added a few slices of thinly sliced orange on top while baking. Delicious!"