This chicken has a fresh and fruity citrus flavor that is sure to satisfy your family. I've been asked to make this more times than I can remember!
Recommended: 30 Ways to Cook Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground savory
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Place chicken pieces in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine orange juice, lemon juice, bouillon, savory, sage and salt if desired; pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until juices run clear, basting occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p55
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Orange Baked Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review