Orange Avocado Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Chill.
- 2. Just before serving, toss the greens in a large salad bowl. Dip the avocado slices into orange juice. Arrange the cucumber, red onion and oranges over greens. Add the avocado (discard remaining juice). Serve with dressing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 132 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Orange Avocado Salad
"Looks like the ingredient list got cut off. Additionally this recipe calls for 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced into rings, and 1 11-ounce can of mandarin oranges, drained.Hey, TOH, get with the program!"
"The directions and photo indicate this recipe includes onions and oranges; however, they are not mentioned in the list of ingredients. I'm assuming red onions sliced in rings(from the photo) and drained mandarin oranges."