- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Chill.
- Just before serving, toss the greens in a large salad bowl. Dip the avocado slices into orange juice. Arrange the cucumber, red onion and oranges over greens. Add the avocado (discard remaining juice). Serve with dressing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Orange Avocado Salad
"Looks like the ingredient list got cut off. Additionally this recipe calls for 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced into rings, and 1 11-ounce can of mandarin oranges, drained.Hey, TOH, get with the program!"
"The directions and photo indicate this recipe includes onions and oranges; however, they are not mentioned in the list of ingredients. I'm assuming red onions sliced in rings(from the photo) and drained mandarin oranges."