Orange sections and avocado slices surround this hearty salad, making for a pretty presentation. It's a refreshing summer main dish for both lunch and dinner. —Shelia Garcia, Mantachie, Mississippi
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Torn salad greens
- 6 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 4 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice and 3/4 teaspoon salt; cover and refrigerate. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, peas, carrots, celery and parsley. Combine the mayonnaise, orange juice, pepper and remaining salt; pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place greens on a serving platter or individual plates. Top with chicken salad; arrange orange sections and avocado slices around salad. Sprinkle with green onions. Drizzle with lime juice mixture. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Avocado Chicken Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p203
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange-Avocado Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review