Orange Apricot Muffins
Orange zest enhances the apricot flavor of these muffins shared by Lois Gelzer from Standish, Maine. "Sometimes, I substitute raisins, chopped dates or other dried fruit for the apricots," she writes.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and oil. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until combined. Fold in apricots and orange peel.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 187 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.