Orange Apricot Muffins Recipe
Orange zest enhances the apricot flavor of these muffins shared by Lois Gelzer from Standish, Maine. "Sometimes, I substitute raisins, chopped dates or other dried fruit for the apricots," she writes.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in apricots and orange peel. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Muffins in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p55
Reviews for Orange Apricot Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review