Orange Applesauce Cupcakes Recipe
Kids of all ages rave about these fruity cupcakes. I've been making them for 25 years to serve at potlucks, church picnics and family suppers. For a tasty variation, substitute crushed pineapple for the applesauce.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 to 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in applesauce, vanilla and orange peel. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add orange peel and enough orange juice to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 315 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Applesauce Cupcakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC