Orange Appeal Recipe
- 8 to 10 large oranges, any variety
- 4 tablespoons orange juice concentrate or orange flavored liqueur
- 1/2 cup coconut, shredded
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, sliced
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. Peel oranges, removing as much white membrane as possible. Cut into 1/4-in. slices or section as pictured. Arrange half of the orange slices or sections overlapping on large platter or in a round glass bowl.
- 2. Sprinkle with concentrate/liqueur, coconut, almonds and one-half of confectioners' sugar. Top with remaining oranges. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Chill until serving time. Serve chilled on glass plates with tea cookies and coffee. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 212 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Appeal
"I had a bunch of navel oranges that needed to be used so I found this recipe. So simple and so good! I used orange juice concentrate this time, but when I want to be "sophisticated" I will try the orange-flavored liqueur."