Oranges add color and great taste to winter meals!
Orange Appeal looks very bright and appealing served in a glass bowl, and it's a light and easy dessert to finish off a hearty holiday meal. As far as I'm concerned, the citrusy aroma of oranges is a must at Christmas time!
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 8 to 10 large oranges, any variety
- 4 tablespoons orange juice concentrate or orange flavored liqueur
- 1/2 cup coconut, shredded
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, sliced
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Peel oranges, removing as much white membrane as possible. Cut into
- 1/4-in. slices or section as pictured. Arrange half of the orange
- slices or sections overlapping on large platter or in a round glass
- Sprinkle with concentrate/liqueur, coconut, almonds and one-half of
- confectioners' sugar. Top with remaining oranges. Sprinkle with
- remaining sugar. Chill until serving time. Serve chilled on glass
- plates with tea cookies and coffee. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 212 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 4 g protein.