- 8 to 10 large oranges, any variety
- 4 tablespoons orange juice concentrate or orange flavored liqueur
- 1/2 cup coconut, shredded
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, sliced
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Peel oranges, removing as much white membrane as possible. Cut into 1/4-in. slices or section as pictured. Arrange half of the orange slices or sections overlapping on large platter or in a round glass bowl.
- Sprinkle with concentrate/liqueur, coconut, almonds and one-half of confectioners' sugar. Top with remaining oranges. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Chill until serving time. Serve chilled on glass plates with tea cookies and coffee. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Orange Appeal in Country December/January 1990, p51
Reviews for Orange Appeal
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2010
"I had a bunch of navel oranges that needed to be used so I found this recipe. So simple and so good! I used orange juice concentrate this time, but when I want to be "sophisticated" I will try the orange-flavored liqueur."