Orange Anise Sparkler Recipe
A spice infused simple syrup is the base for the orange juice beverage. If it has too adult a flavor for the kids, skip the simple syrup and just mix the orange juice with the club soda.—
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 whole star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 3 cups orange juice, chilled
- 1 bottle (1 liter) club soda, chilled
- Orange slices and additional whole star anise
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, star anise and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour. Strain mixture, discarding spices. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. In a large pitcher, combine the orange juice and soda; stir in sugar syrup. Serve in cocktail glasses; garnish with orange slices and star anise. Yield: 2 quarts.
1 cup: 138 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Orange Anise Sparkler
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC