A spice infused simple syrup is the base for the orange juice beverage. If it has too adult a flavor for the kids, skip the simple syrup and just mix the orange juice with the club soda.—
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 whole star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 3 cups orange juice, chilled
- 1 bottle (1 liter) club soda, chilled
- Orange slices and additional whole star anise
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, star anise and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour. Strain mixture, discarding spices. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large pitcher, combine the orange juice and soda; stir in sugar syrup. Serve in cocktail glasses; garnish with orange slices and star anise. Yield: 2 quarts.
Originally published as Orange Anise Sparkler in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p76
Reviews for Orange Anise Sparkler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review