Orange Angel Food Cake Dessert Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 small navel orange, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Immediately invert tube pan; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water and set aside. Cut cake into 2-in. slices; arrange cake slices in a ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. With a meat fork, poke holes about 2 in, apart into the cake. Slowly pour gelatin over cake; chill until set.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Whisk in extract. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Garnish with orange slices and almonds. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Orange Angel Food Cake Dessert
Sort By :
"First of all I do not find a package [1 ounce] instant pudding 3.4 oz or5.1 ozthere is no [.] .3oz jello"
"This yummy dessert is easy to prepare and the flavor combination is nice. Although it takes time to chill, the final result is excellent even more so when you consider that it is lower calorie and diabetic friendly. We have enjoyed this regularly since first seeing the recipe in one of the special TOH magazine cookbooks."
"Loved it! Used sugar free prepared angel food cake, and drained mandarin oranges for garnish. Served it to my Diabetic friend and others. Big Hit! Judy Nova Scotia Canada"