Orange and Jicama Salsa
This colorful salsa with jicama and jalapeno has definite Southwestern flair. I like to use delicious, sweet-tart blood oranges in it when they're in season.—Cheryl Perry, Hertford, North Carolina
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 medium oranges, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled jicama
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Baked tortilla chips or scoops
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Serve with chips.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 22 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now