- 4 medium fresh beets (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 in. Place beets on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 24x12-in.); drizzle with oil. Fold foil around beets, sealing tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Roast 55-65 minutes or until tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
- When cool enough to handle, peel and slice beets. Divide salad greens, beets and oranges among six salad plates. Sprinkle with cheese. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients; serve with salads. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Orange and Beet Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p62
Reviews for Orange and Beet Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review