Get ready for a flavor adventure. These nuts offer a tasty combination of orange, ancho chili pepper and chocolate. The pepper gives a smoky taste. Increase it to add more warmth.—Leigh Doutt, Pueblo West, Colorado
Recommended: 22 Ways to Cook with Cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package (10 ounces) deluxe mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- Preheat oven to 275°. In a large bowl, beat egg white and water until frothy. Add nuts; stir gently to coat. Combine the sugar, pie spice, orange peel and chili pepper; add to nut mixture and gently stir to coat.
- Spread into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once. Sprinkle with chips. Cool completely. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Orange-Ancho Spiced Nuts in Country Woman December/January 2012, p64
Reviews for Orange-Ancho Spiced Nuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review