Orange Almond Cake Recipe
"This flourless cake has become a favorite at our house," Maryalice Wood writes from Langley, British Columbia. "Now, those with wheat allergies don't have to pass on dessert. The orange and clove flavor is wonderful."
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup ground almonds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. Place egg whites in small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Coat a 6-in. round baking pan with cooking spray and sprinkle bottom and sides with 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Line pan with waxed paper and coat the paper; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks for 2 minutes. Gradually beat in 2 tablespoons sugar. Add the orange peel, cloves and salt; beat 1 minute longer. Stir in almonds.
- 3. With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Stir a third of egg white mixture into almond mixture. Gradually fold in remaining egg whites. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Gently remove waxed paper. Cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 servings.
1 slice: 178 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Orange Almond Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC