Orange 'n' Red Onion Salad
Drizzled with a tangy dressing, this appealing salad makes a colorful and tasty alternative to the usual tossed salad. Plus, you can assemble it in minutes. —Jodi Grable, Springfield, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- On a serving platter, arrange the romaine, oranges and onion. In a
- small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; drizzle over salad.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 173 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.