Orange & Lemon Wafer Cookies
These light citrus cookies go so well with a cup of coffee or tea after a heavy holiday meal. —JoAnn Belack, Bradenton, Florida
48 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Thin orange or lemon peel strips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar
- until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, orange peel, lemon peel and
- extracts. In another bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, baking soda and
- salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined
- baking sheets. If desired, top with orange peel strips.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from pans to
- wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a