- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Thin orange or lemon peel strips, optional
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, orange peel, lemon peel and extracts. In another bowl, mix the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. If desired, top with orange peel strips.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Orange & Lemon Wafer Cookies(3)
Sort By :
I used an icing bag to pipe drops of the cookie batter onto parchment... perfect! These have great flavor, I didn't use the orange extract because I did not have any on hand (used King Arthur's Princess Cake flavoring, which has a citrus flavor). These cookies were enjoyed by all who had them.
I just had to try these cookies. I doubled the recipe for my Christmas baking and had fun with the grandkids making them. We sprinkled them with holiday colors before baking and the kids LOVED THEM!!!
I tried these today as I love a citrus flavor. They were quick and easy. I only got 36 cookies so I was a bit more generous but it is nice to have a smaller batch as I live alone and if I don't share them, I eat too many!! They were just wonderful.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Lemon Cookies >
- Super Bowl Party Desserts >