These light citrus cookies go so well with a cup of coffee or tea after a heavy holiday meal. —JoAnn Belack, Bradenton, Florida
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Thin orange or lemon peel strips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, orange peel, lemon peel and extracts. In another bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. If desired, top with orange peel strips.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Orange & Lemon Wafer Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 2013, p73
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Orange & Lemon Wafer Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review